How Soon After a Car Accident Should You Call a Lawyer?
Every car accident has the potential to leave you injured, financially desperate, or both. Even parking lot scrapes, depending on the circumstances, can lead to serious injuries and escalating insurance rates. The statute of limitations for personal injury matters is only two years in the state of Nevada; that can fly by. If you are involved in a car accident that causes you injury or trauma, it can be vital to contact a car accident attorney or an attorney specializing in personal injury matters as soon as possible.
What Everyone Should Consider
Many people injured in car accidents are unaware of their rights, that they can be compensated for their injuries, or even that they can contact an attorney. When responding to a car accident that has caused you personal injury, it may be the best course to contact an attorney specializing in personal injury matters right away, if:
- You have required medical treatment as a result of the accident
- Your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence.
- Your injuries have the potential to require long-term care and other future needs.
- You have or are likely to incur damages as a result of your injuries that are separate from your medical bills
- You have a reasonable concern that what is covered and provided by your or the responsible driver’s insurance will fall very short of your needs
... Or if you just have concerns or questions that you would like to speak with a lawyer about.
Contact Day and Nance
If you’ve sustained injuries after being the victim of a car accident, you need to know your rights and your options. You have the right to be compensated and to take action in pursuit of that compensation.
At the law firm of Day and Nance, we advise clients and potential clients who have been injured in car accidents to immediately consult with one of our experienced attorneys specializing in personal injury matters in order to assess the circumstances of their accident, their potential injuries, and the options available to them. The majority of personal injury cases are settled before reaching trial. You have the right to be represented by an experienced attorney that focuses on personal injury matters: the sooner you contact one, the better.